Summer is pain. Have an overdue changelog.
- Added Mist (5-CP), Synthetic (KOTH), Slaughter (KOTH), Brooklynn (A/D), and Highwood (Payload) to the main rotation. Bot support probably after this post is live.
- Updates to Robot Bots:
- The robot on-hit effect has been modified to use the correct particle effects
- The hooks on hit / blood splatters have been rewritten to use DHooks to be more efficent and should correctly cover all cases, according to the diassembly. There should be no more bleeding on robots.
- The robot on-hit effect has been modified to use the correct particle effects (
Misc. server changes
- The server now reports the display name of Workshop maps in the server browser, without the
workshop prefix and suffix.
- Gotta set that up on SourceTV as well, though…
- All plugins that use wearables (such as Bot Weapon Randomizer, for things like Demoman shields
and Sniper backpacks) now use TF2Wearables instead of directly dealing with the TF2
Randomizer Wearable gamedata.
- This means that equipment handling is now handled behind one native as opposed to
- This also means I'll be personally maintaining a personal fork of TF2Wearables that is up-to-date with game changes.
- This means that equipment handling is now handled behind one native as opposed to individually implemented
- All plugins that were dependent on TF2 Item DB (Bot Weapon Randomizer again, Bot Taunt
Randomizer) now use TF2 Econ Data, which reads the game memory for all the item-related
- This means I don't have to maintain a separate, external SQLite database nor parse the
items_game.txt. Everything stays in memory and is fast.
- I wrote Econ Data, so I do have an obligation to maintain it as well.
- This means I don't have to maintain a separate, external SQLite database nor parse the contents of
- Localization Server has been removed, and the plugins that used to use it now use either
client-side Valve translations or a generated translation file.
- There just isn't really much need to handle every single translation phrase at the moment. Maybe I'll make an extension for that someday.
Other server changes
- We're on Debian 10 now! Had to fix up some stuff:
- NativeVotes now crashes due to an issue with deleting handles mid forward-call. I've written a fix on NativeVotes' side for this while it gets sorted out on SourceMod's side.
- Updated Python means I needed to set up the API backend again, which wasn't forward
compatible with some packages (namely
falcon). There were a few behavior changes in some of the other libraries, so I had to fix those as well.
hold the fuck up
- El Vvis (Player Destruction) was never added to the map rotation, even though
I did a brief mention of it back in October. Sorry about that; it's been added.
- Have to see if bot support fully works on it, though -- I vaguely remember an issue where they were stuck in the water. Debugging server-sided NextBots are a pain.