Time for another update summary!
I've been in a coding slump over the past couple of months; this update is more focused on maps.
Map changes and tweaks
- Various improvements on bot support for Cliff Top (Payload):
- RED players won't get stuck in their last spawn after second cap.
- BLU players are now able to get out of their forward spawn.
- BLU players are more capable of staying on the payload cart as it goes up the first elevator.
- Redid the navigation mesh for Cabrakan (Attack / Defend). The built-in navigation mesh didn't have an analysis pass, and analyzing it crashed the game. I'm guessing it's for an older version of the map. In any case, I nuked the entire thing and rebuilt it.
- Actually removed zombie spawns on Octothorpe (KOTH) for realsies.
- Each train had its own relay; I only filtered out one of them previously.
- Overgrown (Attack / Defend) has been updated for bot support on the latest
release (Jungle update artpass).
- Most of the work involved was for figuring out why the map was being considered Payload in the first place. With that out of the way, the scenario monitor isn't applying Payload map actions.
- Snowplow (Attack / Defend) is now available for bot play!
- Turns out it suffers from the same issue that caused problems for bots on Overgrown.
team_train_watcherentities have been replaced with a
- Navigation mesh has been updated so bots avoid crossing over the where the train sits before capturing the point.
- Added Lazarus (KOTH) to the standard map rotation. Bots supported.
- Added Discover (CTF) to the standard map rotation. Bots supported.
- Added Fool Hill (5-CP) to the standard map rotation.
- The navigation mesh I generated seems heavily biased towards one team, so support is in the pending stage for now.
- Added Extraction (Special Delivery) to the standard map rotation.
- No bot support for this game mode, sadly.
- Added navigation mesh support for Sinshine (Halloween 5-CP).
- Created an automated system that dumps a bunch of server-side stuff to make the process of
discovering new game features easier. Very useful stuff for SourceMod plugin authors.
- Current diffs are available here. The system is a work in progress; there may be bits in the dumps that are different from a vanilla server; the diffs are currently cleaned up by hand.
- The plugin that performs the actual dumping is publicly available; the process to generate the diffs will be published in the plugin's wiki later.
- Updated the Uptime Limiter plugin with more uptime-related checks; this removes the requirement of running bots to force checks on map start.
- Fixed the integrated Map Runner plugin from not having any maps to change to on mapcycles with smaller amounts of maps (e.g., during Full Moon / Halloween events).
- Updated system to Debian Stretch! As
megatoolsare both in the Stretch repository, there's no need to use the unstable repository anymore.
nginxis also mainlined, with that sweet, sweet HTTP2. Time to go fast, again!
- Fixed map database updater script iterating over characters instead of lines when
getting file listings from
hlextract. Embedded navigation meshes should definitely be detected now.
- Finally fixed the front page "latest news" modal not being responsive to screen size.
- Sunsetting the legacy, PHP-based backend service.