Late Halloween! It's November. Scream Fortress is still going though, so the Halloween content will remain for a bit. It's been up for a while; just never got around to making an announcement post until now.
Halloween season automatically started the third Thursday of October and will run for three weeks. Originally it was going to start the fourth Monday instead, but Valve decided to throw a curveball this year and I had to work with it.
This year's schedule:
- Begins: Thursday, 20 October 2016, 00:00 UTC
- Ends: Thursday, 10 November 2016, 00:00 UTC (the last full day being the prior Wednesday).
Here's what's showing up this Halloween:
A haunted map rotation
- All your favorite Valve and community classics! Every map from prior Scream Fortress updates
are available for your exploration... if you dare!
- Older Valve maps have been given the spellbook treatment.
- A number of eerie custom maps. Granal Probe makes a return, of course, but there's also Natural 20, Persia (KOTH), and Mojave.
- It also includes the server's Halloween map Workshop collection.
The bots gain more sensibility
- Class Restrictions for Bots have been added to limit Engineer usage (i.e., so they can stop turtling on BLU on Attack / Defend maps after the switch).
Haunted Pumpkins make a return
- The Haunted Pumpkin Bombs plugin is back. Small chance of a pumpkin being occupied by the soul of a mafia member.
After things go back to normal...
- Bagel has been added to the main mapcycle.
If you miss out on the maps, don't fret — the Halloween maps will come back during Full Moons as usual. Might have to make it a day-long event.(Up you go!)